10 July 2006

Why I hate stupidity...

It seems I am becoming a very critical and rant-prone indivdual these days...very possibly...most of my posts concern me bitching about one thing or another, but rest assured, fearless reader; this is NOT the case. I am a very happy person. The blog is just a perfect forum for me to get things off my chest. And, speaking of which, here we go:

It's absolutely mindboggling! Why, oh why, oh why do we take to the streets, clogging them up and impeding traffic while at the same time creating so much noise pollution by beeping our car horns and sitting dangerously perched on windows when Italy wins the world cup?

Why do we have this innate need to behave like complete idiots, endangering our lives and the lives of others by driving recklessly and firing guns into the air? Does this make us feel better? If so, then WHY? What the fuck is the point of that?

I mean if we had a massive Italian community in this country then I could, perhaps, understand the rabid need to do this, but the fact of the matter is, we don't. I also understand that this is a spontaneous method of expressing glee. Well, why can't you just have a party? Go out somewhere? Why in the name of God and all his angels do we need to be out honking and beeping and shooting until three in the goddamn morning?

Needless to say, I believe this sort of behaviour is irresponsible at best, and at worst, the cause of the decline of Arab civilisation. If we can go about on the streets doing this kind of stupidity, surely we must be able to harness that kind of zeal for something better than devastating the already-strained Jordanian traffic grid?

1 comment:

caramaena said...

You know, I've never understood the shooting into the air thing. There are a lot of different cultures that do it too.