21 June 2007

What a weird 24 hours!

There's really something to be said about having a bunch of experiences that are completely novel within a 24-hour period. Case in point? It's now nine a.m. I've been up since six working on finishing an article, having gone to sleep at two a.m. yesterday night. Somehow, I'm lucid, possibly thanks to the fact that I don't really have to do anything for a while after today.

Oh, and I proposed to my girlfriend last night, as well. Now that's a novel experience, too. She said yes, by the way, and I knew she would, but it was still a nerve wracking experience, setting everything up to be perfect. Somehow, despite minor glitches, everything worked out perfectly. And there was the look on her face, of course. Excuse me for waxing poetic, but I don't think I've ever seen her look that beautiful.

So, now I have to relearn typing whilst wearing a ring on my right hand (well, an engagement band, anyway...guys do wear those, right? Or is it just after the wedding? I'm confused), and since I haven't worn a ring since I was seventeen (and god, what a hideous ring that was), visions of oddly swollen fingers abound...this should be interesting...

Well, my train of thought left the platform long ago, and here I am, running through the ticket stands trying to catch it, but it remains elusive as a greased eel in a vat of oil (that is to say, very elusive). So, before I go off on another tangent, I'm off to get some seafood...I have a strange craving for fried calamari (and yes, I do realise it's squid, not eel, but work with me!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mabruuk!!! May God richly bless you and your fiance!! Despite some opinions to the contrary, I think marriage is the greatest relational experience of life.

Hey, were the two of you at Bennigan's a week or two ago? I thought I recognized you as we were leaving. If so, she is beautiful. :)

Fedaykin said...

Thank you, my dear! And yes, in fact, we were at Bennigan's a week or two ago. Now I realise I'm biased, but she does light up a room...

Anonymous said...

That is TOO sweet! You two looked pretty smitten, and she had a very intelligent look about her as well as beauty. You may find this new season changes the tone of your writing style. :)

In your honor, I have tagged all the other married bloggers to post celebrating marriage and offering words of advice to this summer's crop of engaged/newlyweds. Hope you both enjoy!

(I'm still an abject failure at getting in anything ok'd at JO, btw, but I am still trying!)

Fedaykin said...

Wow! Kinzi! Thanks, love! That's truly sweet of you. Yes, to be sure, it has truly been a learning experience from top to bottom. And then some.

Oh, and don't worry about JO, I'm sure they're just playing hard to get :P

Anonymous said...

Mabruuk yahki! Left, right, engagement, marriage, bleh, one ring to rule them all.....maybe when my wife gets here and we actually do the paperwork and assorted bureacratic nonsense...we can sit down and read Who s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

That was a joke. Figured it would help you figure out who this anonymous poster is tho, heh.........

cheers mate
SlackRat

Anonymous said...

Hey man. Congrats! This is great news. Not to sound corny or anything, but hope you have a great life together :)

Regards,
Nichola